- Air wind turbines complete any off grid solar system, be it for off grid homes, sailboats or RV’s. Air X Marine is marinized to protect from harsh salt water environments.
- Reliable: 5-year warranty with over 150,000 units installed in over 100 countries since 1995. Manufactured in Lakewood, Colorado.
- DIY Installation: Integrated controller inside the turbine regulates battery voltage (no external controller needed). AIR is wired directly to battery bank, independent of PV wiring for easy DIY installation, mounted on 1.5″ schedule 40 pipe. Tower kits are available.
- Output and Specs: Maximum output of the wind turbine is 400 watts, exporting roughly 30 KW Hrs per month in average 12 mph wind regimes (or approximately 83 amp hours per day for 12V systems). At a rotor diameter of 46″ and weighing only 13 pounds, it is the perfect size to augment any off grid solar system.
- Why Wind Should Be a Part of Your Off Grid System: AIR wind turbines by Primus Wind Power (manufactured in Colorado, USA) are the perfect complement to any off grid solar installation. While solar PV certainly has its strong points, it suffers from limitations where the Air wind turbine steps up and fills in the gaps, meaning reduced chances for being without power. First, wind speeds and therefore amp hours are highest in the wintertime, when solar is at its lowest point. This is compounded by the fact that air density is higher at cold temperatures meaning the higher winter wind speeds are comprised of more dense air, further maximizing energy output. Lastly, wind provides power at night and during inclement (stormy) weather when solar does not. The Air wind turbine is at its strongest when solar resources are either not available or limited. Visit www.primuswindpower.com for more comprehensive information regarding Primus Wind Turbines, Off Grid Wind Power, and to find out if your location has sufficient wind.
Why Wind Should Be a Part of Your Off Grid System: AIR wind turbines by Primus Wind Power (manufactured in Colorado, USA) are the perfect complement to any off grid solar installation. While solar PV certainly has its strong points, it suffers from l
List Price: $ 1,195.00
Price: $ 1,195.00